The Professional MBA (PMBA) format generally attracts professionals early in their career who are seeking career advancement opportunity, and who require advanced business knowledge and skills to make themselves more competitive in their marketplace. The PMBA format consists of applicants from diverse industries and roles all around the greater Baton Rouge area. Our new "hybrid" schedule, that supports more flexible attendance, now attracts more students from greater distances including Lafayette, Houma, New Orleans, and Alexandria.
This format provides students with:
- Professional advancement with no career interruption.
- A campus-based hybrid MBA program with a flexible attendance for students who cannot attend every class.
- The opportunity to have the GMAT waived for exceptional applicants. See admission criteria for more information.
- Opportunities to participate in international study trips to Brazil, China and India each year.
- Tuition and fees which include books, parking and meals on class nights.
Two versions of the Professional MBA Format are offered, both taught by the same faculty.
- Track 1 meets two evenings per week (6:00 p.m. - 9:15 p.m.). Each 11-week quarter, two courses are completed. Students are admitted in August of each year and graduate 22 months later.
- Track 2 meets one evening per week (6:00 p.m. - 9:15 p.m.). Each 11-week quarter, one course is completed. Students are admitted in August of each year and graduate 44 months later.
The 42 credit hour core curriculum assures the student an in-depth understanding of all core business areas. The curriculum includes three elective courses, which cover special topics of interest. The elective courses are selected with the interests of the current class of students in mind. Recent elective classes have included Business Planning, Negotiations, and Advanced Topics in Management and Leadership. The Flores PMBA track, unlike the Flores EMBA track, contains no international residency component.