Our mission is to produce graduates on every level who excel in their pursuits. We prepare students for careers in public accounting, industry, and government through required and elective courses in financial accounting, cost, audit, taxation, and internal audit.
A key element of our department’s success is our outstanding faculty, which publishes articles in top academic and professional journals and writes textbooks and trade books. Additionally, our faculty members are active participants in the accounting profession.
Students in accounting have multiple opportunities to participate in various groups and organized events, including the national professional honorary accounting fraternity Beta Alpha Psi. The department offers three degrees:
- The Bachelor of Science in Accounting – A 120-hour program that readies students for careers in internal auditing, industry, and government.
- The Master of Science in Accounting – A 30-hour program that, when added to the bachelor’s, satisfies the requirements to sit for the CPA Exam. Students in the master’s program have the opportunity to select electives in several areas of interest, including internal auditing, auditing, and finance.
- The PhD in Accounting – A capital-market based curriculum with intensive study in economics and finance that is designed to prepare students for positions in academia.
- ACCOUNTING DEN: Access or join the group created to foster a cohesive environment among educators, professionals, business leaders, and students in the field of accounting.
- FRAUD & FORENSIC ACCOUNTING CONFERENCE: Register for this year’s event and read about past conferences.